4 Great Reasons To Use Metal For Your Commercial Roofing
Modern metal roofing is one of the most practical solutions available for commercial roofing today. With extremely long warranties, this newer breed of metal roof is nothing like you might remember from your childhood.
Let’s take a look at some of the best reasons to use metal for your commercial roofing. For more information, get in touch with the experts at Royal Roofing today!
Why Choose Metal Commercial Roofing
Metal roofing is extremely durable:
- it’s been known to withstand wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour;
- it doesn’t crack or corrode;
- some brands are impact resistant (tree branches and hail);
- it’s non-combustible, with a Class A fire rating (the most resistant); and
- it’s resistant to mildew, insects and rot.
Compared to asphalt shingles – which can range from 200-350 lbs. per square (1002’) – and tile – ranging from 750-900 lbs. per square – metal commercial roofing is very lightweight, coming in at 50-150 lbs. per square.
3. Speed Of Installation
Depending on the installer, metal roofing can be installed much faster than other types of roofing. With Royal Roofing, you’ll find we may be able to shave an entire day or two off of the roofing process by using metal commercial roofing than another type of material.
As well, the lighter weight of metal roofing can reduce the amount of support structure you need to have on your building, which can save you money if you are building a new structure.
4. Energy Savings
There are a number of ways metal commercial roofing can save you money in the long run:
- metal reflects radiant heat from the sun, minimizing midday heat gain and reducing the need for air conditioning in the summer by 10-25%;
- Most metal roofing has 25-95% recycled content, and the roof is usually 100% recyclable at the end of its lifespan.